A new survey reveals the latest trends in US accredited investors in the decentralized finance (defi) field. Research shows that the vast majority of them may invest in defi this year.
70% of respondents have already invested in Bitcoin
According to Xangle’s survey, the company surveyed 379 qualified investors, 67% of whom have some knowledge of defi. Overall, such respondents claimed to have had a strong interest in the cryptocurrency industry in the past year.
However, the higher interest surpassed the interviewees, as 72.2% of the interviewees stated that they are “very likely to invest in Defi in the next 12 months.”
The study stated that only 17.5% of the qualified investors surveyed believed that they were “possible to invest.”
In addition, the crypto asset disclosure platform found that respondents are now investing more than before the coronavirus pandemic. According to these figures, 70% of accredited investors surveyed in the United States invested in Bitcoin (BTC).
Xangle has been added:
Investors surveyed regard Bitcoin as a store of value, which can achieve high returns through short-term investment or through purchase and holding.
Despite this, respondents still believe that there is a lack of consumer protection regulations in the encryption industry (including defi). The study shows that 78% of them believe that “regulators need to protect investors more.”
Respondents in the survey believe that the reasons that prevent investors from using encryption technology are lack of regulatory protection, fraud, and a lack of awareness and education across the industry.
Bitcoin is still “the top choice for future returns”
Although the investment in defi has aroused widespread interest, the survey concluded that Bitcoin is still the top choice for “future returns.”
Xangle explained that if a qualified investor has a $100,000 investment but must leave for four years, “31.7% of people would choose Bitcoin, and 29% would choose blue chip stocks as a better investment.”
Lihan Lee, co-founder of Xangle, commented on the survey:
The survey results confirmed our belief that qualified investors were very excited about investing in crypto assets, but they were blocked due to lack of regulatory protection, fraud, and lack of awareness and education across the industry. For the industry as a whole, it is crucial to step up and provide the new wave of investors with everything they need to ensure that they have a positive experience and continue to invest.
Xangle follows the following guidelines to determine who is eligible to be classified as a “qualified investor” for the survey:
Our 379 interviewees are considered qualified investors who are able to trade securities that may not be registered, such as cryptocurrencies. According to SEC Rule 501, their personal minimum income must be US$200,000 (71% of our respondents), or a combined income of US$300,000, which is the minimum income of the remaining 29% of our respondents.
What is your opinion on the investigation? Let us know in the comments section below.
Picture Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for reference only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. The company or the author shall not bear any direct or indirect responsibility for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by using or relying on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article or related thereto.