The final filing date of the tax return (ITR) is today, March 31, and the 2020-21 fiscal year is about to end. Today also marks the last date to link your permanent account (PAN) to Aadhaar. Last week, the government passed the “Financial Act 2021” in Parliament, introducing a new part -234H. According to this regulation, a person will be fined Rs. 1,000 because PAN and Aadhaar are not linked. In addition, if the two identification numbers are not linked, the PAN cannot be used. You can follow some simple steps to submit ITR online and associate PAN with your Aadhaar number.
To submit an ITR, you first need to figure out the ITR form to be submitted. There are four types:
- ITR-1: This applies to salaried persons whose income is less than Rs. 5 million per year. Here, you can declare the income of the housing property, and the agricultural income does not exceed Rs. 5,000, and other sources of income.
- ITR-2: ITR-2 is only applicable to people with incomes higher than Rs. 5000000. If you want to declare any capital gains (such as income from mutual funds), you need to submit ITR-2. This also includes other types of income, such as foreign income, various housing properties, and so on.
- ITR-3: In addition to the types of income described in ITR-2, if you have business or professional income, you also need to submit ITR-3.
- ITR-4: If all your sources of income are listed under ITR-1, but your total income is higher than Rs. 5 million crowns per year, then you need to submit ITR-4. After solving this problem, please follow the steps below to submit an ITR online.
After solving this problem, please follow the steps below to submit an ITR online.
How to submit ITR online:
If you are a new user, you need to register yourself first.To do this, click Register yourself From New to e-filing? The part in the upper left corner of the homepage.
If you are a registered user, please click Login here From registered user? The section below the “Register yourself” button. Your PAN will be your user ID.
When finished, click Electronic file Menu and click Income tax return.
This should direct you to a new page where you will find the auto-filled PAN details.Select from the form Evaluation year and then ITR form number (See the ITR form type above).select Type of declaration As Original/modified returns.
select Online preparation and submission From “Submit Mode”.
Now, carefully read all displayed instructions and fill in all required fields of the ITR form.
After completion, start from Tax payment and verification Label, select I want to verify electronically.There will be other options, such as I want to perform electronic verification within 120 days after the submission dateHowever, choosing the first electronic verification option may be the easiest way.
To view all entered content, click Preview and submit Button.Otherwise, just click submit.
You will now see a pop-up window asking you how to electronically verify your ITR.you can choose Aadhaar OTP or online banking.Click on carry on.
When finished, click submit.
If the process is successful, you will receive the following confirmation message: “Your return has been successfully uploaded.”
How to link Aadhaar and PAN online
Linking your Aadhaar and PAN is very simple. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Visit the portal website of the Ministry of Income Tax-www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Click on Link Aadhaar From Quick Links The left part of the homepage.
- This will open an online form where you need to enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, name (according to Aadhaar). You will also see an option to choose whether you only have your birth year in the Aadhaar card.
- When you are done, check the checkbox to agree to use UIDAI to verify your Aadhaar details.
- Enter confirmation code.
- Click on Link Aadhaar Button.
Once completed, you can also check the status by visiting the homepage of the Income Tax Department and clicking on it. Link Aadhaar once again.Then, above the displayed table, you need to click Click here Associated. This will open a new form where you need to enter your PAN and Aadhaar numbers.When you are done, just click View link Aadhaar status. If all goes well, you should be able to see a message stating that the two cards are linked.
Advertisement Shout podcast Orbital has a double spending this week: OnePlus 9 series and Justice League Snyder Cut (starting at 25:32). Orbital is available for Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Spotify and wherever you get podcasts.
For the latest technical news and reviews, please follow Advertisement Shout on the following website Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and technologies, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Google expands the scope of news display, and concludes deals with publications with more than 600 content