On Friday, June 11, 2021, data shows that Taproot may be locked in the upcoming weekend, because the signal rate is 98.3%, and more than 100 additional signal blocks are needed to lock the upcoming soft fork.
Bitcoin upgrades taproot. Locked in. Success means activation in November
- If the signal status of “Quick trial support for version #21377” is locked this weekend, participants in the Bitcoin (BTC) network are ready to see the soft fork in November.
- According to the “Taproot-Activation” document on Github, the Bitcoin Taproot upgrade involves “an upgrade that can be deployed as a forward-compatible soft fork”.
- This upgrade will also combine “Schnorr signature scheme with MAST (Merklized Alternative Script Tree)” and a new scripting language called Tapscript. Taproot will expand the flexibility of Bitcoin’s smart contracts while allowing users to integrate complex intelligence Contract shielding provides more privacy for regular Bitcoin transactions. “
- Bitcoiners believe that Taproot’s upgrade and addition of the Schnorr signature scheme with MAST will benefit the privacy and expansion of BTC.
- At the time of writing, the website taproot.watch stated that the current signal ratio is 98.39% and that “soft fork locking requires 101 additional signal blocks,” the portal said.
- Popular Bitcoin evangelist Andreas Antonopoulos Tweet Regarding the upcoming lock-up period, he said: “Taproot will lock the activation in November within the next 36 hours. With the great success of Bitcoin, Taproot has introduced a second signature algorithm (Schnorr) and important privacy features. “Quickly Trial” activation method also achieved great success
- If Taproot succeeds, this will be Bitcoin (BTC)’s biggest upgrade in four years since the launch of Segregated Witness (Segwit) in 2017.
- On Friday, software developer Jimmy Song tweeted that Taproot is getting closer and closer to lock-in. “Taproot seems to be gradually locking. The block is a bit slow (expected to adjust the difficulty to -4.5%),” Song Tweet“By this time tomorrow, we should be ready for Taproot.”
- Taproot.watch programmer and unmanaged Lightning Network Blixt wallet developer Hampus Sjöberg also quickly posted a tweet about Taproot lock. “Taproot is a 100-year soft fork,” Sjöberg wrote.
- “In the long run, merging every contract and use case under a single transaction type’Pay to Taproot’ will result in a more alternative and more powerful blockchain. This is your way. This is your design area The blockchain approach,” added developer Hampus Sjöberg.
What do you think about Taproot’s activation in November this weekend? Please tell us your thoughts on this topic in the comments section below.
Image Source: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, taproot.watch, Looney Tunes,
Disclaimer: This article is for reference only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. The company or the author shall not bear direct or indirect responsibility for any damage or loss caused or claimed to be caused by using or relying on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.