iOS 11 has brought many adjustments for productivity, and the functions related to multitasking are the main ones. Apple has made it easier to perform multitasking on an iPad equipped with iOS 11 and has improved the Dock to make it easier and faster to access your favorite applications. Now you can do things like drag multiple pictures from the album to the “Messages” application that opens side by side with “Pictures”. If you have an iPad and want to start multitasking on iOS 11, please keep reading.
New dock on iOS 11
Especially the iPad, which has gained some new features through iOS 11. One of the best features is the new Dock. For those who don’t know, the Dock is the bar at the bottom of an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The apps you drag there will be displayed on all the home screens of your iOS device, which means it is a good place to store the apps you use frequently.
How to download and install iOS 11 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
The iOS Dock is used to allow you to add four or six applications depending on the device. With iOS 11 and 10.5-inch iPad Pro, you can add up to 13 apps (15 apps on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro) to the docking station, and iOS will use the other three apps as Smart suggestions. All you need to do is start dragging your favorite apps to the dock to add them. Dock has also become more useful, but we will solve it in a minute.
Multitasking on iOS 11
iOS is gradually moving towards the same productivity as the Mac, and iOS 11 is a big step in this direction. The iPad’s multitasking on iOS 11 has been greatly improved, and this is how you can access the new application switcher.
- Unlock the iPad to open the home screen.
- Swipe up Start at the bottom of the screen.
- This gesture shows the improved application switcher on iOS 11.You can also Double click the home button For this, but the swipe up gesture is much simpler.
- The customizable control center is located on the right side of the application switcher.To change the toggle switch in the control center, go to Set value > control center > Custom control.
- In the application switcher, you can swipe right to see a long list of open applications, which are now arranged in two rows. This means you need to swipe a lot less to see all open applications.
20 hidden iOS 11 features you need to know
How to open two apps at once in iOS 11
One of the cool multitasking features in iOS 11 is that you can open two different applications at the same time to improve work efficiency. For example, you can open the browser and writing application at the same time to quickly find information online while writing. This is what you can do.
- Move the two applications you want to open to the Dock in iOS 11 at the same time.
- Open either of the two applications.
- right now Swipe up Start at the bottom of the screen. This will display the Dock.
- Click on with drag The second application in the Dock. You will notice that a semi-transparent background appears below the application icon.
- Drag the application icon to the left or right side of the screen. Now, the two applications will run simultaneously.In this view You can drag pictures or other files from one application to another.
- The above steps will make the second application “float” on top of the first application. This may hide part of one of the applications. To avoid this situation, Hold down with drag A small horizontal white line at the top of the “floating” application. When you see the vertical border hidden on the app, release it.
- Now these two applications will open side by side. You will notice that the vertical boundaries between apps are very narrow. If you want other apps to take up more space on the screen, you can drag them to the left or right.
The 11 best features of iOS 11
Applications running side by side are grouped in the application switcher, which is clever. You can divide various applications into two groups and switch between them to improve work efficiency. For example, you can group YouTube and Notes, Netflix and IMDB, Fantastical and Mail. This way, you can quickly switch between viewing video notes and sending notes via email, while checking whether there is an upcoming meeting. You can even open the third application while the third application is open side by side, but this masks a large part of one of the applications.
Drag and drop
iOS 11 allows you to drag and drop multiple items at once. This means you can select multiple photos and then send them to Notes via drag and drop. The drag-and-drop feature supports multiple fingers, so you can drag multiple photos out, drop them into Notes, pull out the dock, open a third application and send more photos in it. Yes, you can use multiple fingers to complete work faster. This is how to use this feature.
- Open the “Photos and Notes” application side by side. You can use various other applications to do this, such as “Notes and Messages” or “Mail and Photos”.
- Select and hold a photo, then tap the other photos one by one while holding the first photo. This will select multiple photos, and you will see a number indicating how many photos you have selected.
- Now drag and drop them into Notes. All these photos will be embedded in your notes.
iOS 11 has been released, this is a way to check whether all your apps are working properly
This feature is as effective as other applications such as mail and messaging. You can even use it to select multiple applications on the main screen and place them in a new folder.
Do you want to share more tips related to Dock and multitasking? Let us know through the comments. For more tutorials, please go to our methods section.
We discussed iOS 11 and the future of iPhone and iPad in depth on the weekly technology podcast Orbital. You can subscribe to it via Apple Podcasts or RSS, or you can click the play button below.