If the phone is lost, how to prevent the payment application from being abused? With India’s Unified Payment Interface (UPI), Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe and other services have become necessities. Most users have at least one payment application associated with UPI on their mobile phones. Although UPI provides a safe and simple way to pay or transfer money to someone, if someone has access to your phone, they can use it to transfer money. So, what happens if the device hosting all your payment applications is stolen? If your phone is lost or stolen, you can take some steps to prevent access to these services.
We have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to block Paytm, Google Pay, or Phone Pe when your phone is lost. This will ensure that your UPI account remains safe and you don’t have to worry about funds being stolen from your account.
How to temporarily block Paytm account
Call the Paytm Payments Bank helpline number 01204456456.
Choose the option to lose your phone.
Select the option to enter a different number and enter your lost phone number.
Choose to log out of all devices.
Next, go to the Paytm website and scroll down to select 24×7 help.
select Report fraud And click on any category.
Next, click on any issue, and then click Leave us a message The button at the bottom.
You must submit a proof of account ownership, which can be a debit/credit card statement showing a Paytm account transaction, a confirmation email or text message for a Paytm account transaction, a proof of phone number ownership, or a police complaint against a lost or stolen phone .
Once completed, Paytm will verify and block your account, after which you will receive a confirmation message.
How to block Google Pay account
- Google Pay users can call the helpline number 18004190157 and choose their preferred language.
- Choose the correct options for other questions.
- Select the option to talk to an expert, who should be able to help you block your Google Play account. Or, Android users can remotely wipe their data so that no one can access your Google account from their phone and thus access the Google Pay application.
- iOS users can do this by remotely erasing their data.
How to block Phone Pe account
- Phone Pe users need to dial 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- After selecting your preferred language, you will be asked if you want to report a problem with your Phone Pe account, please press the corresponding number.
- Enter the registration number and you will receive an OTP for confirmation.
- Next, select the option of not receiving OTP.
- You will get an option to report that the SIM card or device is missing, select it.
- Then, you will contact a representative who will help you block your Phone Pe account after obtaining detailed information such as phone number, email ID, last payment, last transaction amount, etc.
Disclosure: Paytm’s parent company One97 is an investor in Advertisement Shout of NDTV.
For the latest technical news and reviews, please follow Advertisement Shout Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and technologies, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Binance stops selling “stock tokens” after regulatory review