Windows 10 is Microsoft’s latest operating system, mainly used in desktop and laptop computers. Screen capture is one of the most important features on any platform, and Windows is no exception. You can easily take screenshots on Windows 10 through some simple shortcuts. These allow you to take a screenshot and save it to a folder. You can take a screenshot of the entire screen, or only one window on the screen. You can even save the screenshot to the clipboard and paste it into any application, such as Microsoft Paint. After following this guide, you will learn some new key combinations to take screenshots in Windows 10.
On almost every platform, screenshots are simple. For example, on macOS, you can press cmd + shift + 3 to take a screenshot of the entire screen, while cmd + shift + 4 can select a part of the screen as a screenshot. This guide will help you do the same on Windows.
How to take a screenshot of the entire screen in Windows 10
Here are two ways to take a full-screen screenshot in Windows 10:
- press Windows key + print screen.
- Now, by launching the Explorer, go to the picture library on your computer (Windows key + e), and then click in the left pane image.
- turn on Screenshots Folder to find your screenshot and save it here, named screenshot (NUMBER).
You can also press Print screen And open MS Paint.Now press Ctrl + V Paste the screenshot into Paint. Now you can save it anywhere.
How to take a screenshot of only the current window
If you just want to take a screenshot of the open application or window, please follow the steps below:
- Click the application you want to take a screenshot of. Make sure it is in the foreground and not behind other open applications.
- press alt + print screen.
- Open MS Paint.
- press Ctrl + V.
- This will paste a screenshot of the open window into Paint. You can save the screenshot in any location.
How to take a screenshot of a part of the screen in Windows 10
Use the Windows screenshot tool here. Follow the steps below to take a screenshot of a part of the screen in Windows 10:
- turn on screenshot tool.Under Start menu>All programs>Accessories. You can also open the “Start” menu and just use the search box to find it.
- Now, click the down arrow next to new.
- select Rectangular scissors Either Free-form scissors. The former allows you to capture a rectangular screenshot, while the latter allows you to draw any shape on the screen and take a screenshot of that part.
- After this is done, if necessary, you can use the Snipping tool to add annotations to the screenshots and save them to your PC.
How to take a screenshot through the game bar in Windows 10
If you want another way to take screenshots, please follow the steps below.
- On a Windows 10 PC, press Windows key + G.
- Click on camera Button to take a screenshot.After opening the game bar, you can also Windows + Alt + print screen. You will see a notification that describes where the screenshot is saved.
This is how to take a screenshot on Windows. These methods are very simple, but to our surprise, many Advertisement Shout employees do not understand all of this knowledge, so I hope they can also help you. For more tutorials, you can visit our “How to” section.
For the latest technical news and reviews, please follow Advertisement Shout on Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and technologies, please subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Launched Acer Predator Helios 500 gaming laptop with Intel Core i9 in India