WhatsApp Status allows you to share photos and videos with people using the messaging service, which has become a ubiquitous social media platform in India. WhatsApp used to be an application that could chat with people, but a few years ago, it added a feature called WhatsApp Status. This is very similar to Snapchat and Instagram Stories, where uploaded content will be deleted after 24 hours. Creating a WhatsApp status is very simple, if you want to check the status of other people, you can go to the “Status” tab of WhatsApp. But what if you want to save your WhatsApp status? Well, if you have an Android smartphone, then you will be happy to know that you can save WhatsApp Status videos and photos by following these simple steps listed below.
We often find many interesting WhatsApp Status videos saved using this method, so it is useful to understand this. However, if you want to save another person’s WhatsApp status, then we urge you to do this before obtaining the person’s permission.
How to save WhatsApp status videos on Android
The entire process requires a file manager on your Android smartphone. You can use any file manager of your choice, but the steps may be different. For the sake of simplicity, we used the Google Files app in this tutorial, which is a free file manager app for Android. It is pre-installed on Google’s Pixel smartphone, and you can easily download and install it via Google Play.
Now, follow the steps below to save the WhatsApp status video on your Android smartphone:
- Open the Google Files app on your Android smartphone and click Burger icon Appears in the upper left corner and click Set value.
- Similarly, if you are using a Pixel smartphone, open the “File” app and click Three point icon In the upper right corner and click Set value.
- On the next screen, enable Show hidden files.On Pixel smartphones, you need to enable Show internal storage.
- Now go back to the main menu of the “File” application and click Internal memory.
- now go WhatsApp Folder> media > ‘. status’.
- To save photos or videos, Press On it, then click copy. Now, paste the file into any folder of your choice in the phone’s internal storage.
By following the steps below, you will be able to save any photo or video set as a contact’s WhatsApp status. This method allows you to save any WhatsApp status you have opened, even if the status has been more than 24 hours since it was published.
We will remind you again, if you want to save/share their WhatsApp Status photos or videos, please let others know.
For more tutorials, please visit our “how to” section.
We discussed what WhatsApp absolutely needs to do in 2019 on the weekly technology podcast Orbital. You can subscribe via Apple Podcast or RSS, download the episode or click the play button below.