If you have a dual-SIM phone, you can use different SIM cards to make calls with separate numbers and use different numbers to send text messages. But did you know that you can set up two WhatsApp accounts and use them simultaneously on the same phone? If you have ever wondered how to install two WhatsApp accounts on one phone, you have come to the right place. There are several different ways to do this, and some phone manufacturers offer it as a built-in feature. In other cases, you will have to resort to third-party apps, but it’s actually very easy to run two WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone. Sorry, iPhone users, if you don’t turn to the method we don’t recommend, you’re out of luck.
Obviously, this method of running two WhatsApp accounts on a mobile phone requires a dual-SIM phone-WhatsApp uses the phone number as your identity and detects it via SMS or phone, so it must be a phone with The phone with two SIM cards also eliminated any iPhone. If you have a dual-SIM phone, then the next step should be to check your settings, because the manufacturer has most likely created the settings or dual WhatsApp.
Many Chinese manufacturers allow you to create a clone of the app and then use it with the dual SIM setup. For example, on Honor’s EMUI skin, this feature is called App Twin. On Xiaomi phones, it is called Dual Apps. Vivo calls it App Clone, and Oppo calls it Clone App. These companies have slightly different settings, so you need to check the specific information of your phone, but we first listed the steps for some popular brands. If your phone does not support this feature, please try other solutions and list it at the end.
If you have Oppo, Xiaomi, glory
If you own one of these phones, the steps you need to perform are very simple, and they are also very similar in all three manufacturers, which is why we have brought them together. In all three cases, you will first install WhatsApp on your phone via Google Play. After that, you can clone the app in your phone’s settings.
Here are the detailed steps for running two WhatsApp accounts on Xiaomi phones, but the other two are also very similar:
- After installing WhatsApp, go to Set value.
- Tap Dual application.On Honor phones, this is called App Twin, On Oppo Clone application.
- You will see a list of apps that can use this feature and switch on the side. Enable this switch to clone any application.
That’s it, you are done. Check if your manufacturer also supports app cloning, if so, these steps should be able to get a second copy of WhatsApp on your phone. On Vivo phones, it is different, so we just explain it first, and then discuss how to set up a second WhatsApp.
How to run two WhatsApp accounts on Vivo phone
The steps of Vivo are very similar to other brands, but slightly different. To clone WhatsApp on a Vivo phone (we tested it on Vivo V5s), just perform the following steps:
- go with Set value.
- Scroll down to find App clone, Then tap it.
- Now, toggle the switch to enable Show clone button.
- Next, install WhatsApp on your phone via Google Play.
- Long press any application icon. You will see a small’x’ to delete the application, but some icons (such as WhatsApp) will also have a small’+’ symbol.
- Tap + Clone WhatsApp on your phone.
Okay, so at this time, you should have two copies of WhatsApp on your phone. Next is what you have to do.
Set up Dual WhatsApp
Setting up a second WhatsApp account is very simple, just like setting up the first one. If you have any questions, please follow the detailed steps below.
- Start the second WhatsApp.
- On the next page, click Agree and continue.
- Next, you can grant files and contacts access to this copy of WhatsApp by clicking carry on And follow the instructions on the screen, or click not now Currently.
- Now you must verify your phone number. This is the crucial part-remember that it must be a second SIM card phone number, if you enter the main number, you are just transferring WhatsApp access from one application to another.
- After entering the number, click nextAnd click the confirmation number it is good.
- Then, WhatsApp will send a verification code to check the number, and if you have granted permission, it will automatically read the number. Otherwise, just enter the verification code and you are done.If you have not received the text message, you can also click call Button on the screen to get a verification call.
That’s it-there are now two versions of WhatsApp running on your phone. You will be able to use these two numbers to send and receive messages, so for example, it is useful if you want to distinguish between personal use and professional use.
You can also install multiple copies of other applications using the steps above. For example, if you want to use two Twitter apps or two Facebook apps for personal use and a business account on your phone, it is easy to do it by following the same steps, except that you obviously want to clone these apps instead of WhatsApp.
What if my phone does not support application cloning?
If your phone does not support app cloning, there are still two ways to continue installing the second copy of WhatsApp. You still need a dual-SIM phone to send and receive messages from both accounts. We found some popular methods online, and we think the best method is an app called Parallel Space.
As the name suggests, this application creates a parallel “space” in which you can install applications so that you can clone different applications. Here are the steps to use this app:
- You must first install Parallel Space from Google Play.After launching the app, it will immediately take you to Clone application page.
- Select all the apps you want to clone and click Add to parallel space Button.
- Next, you will be taken to the Parallel Space, where the application runs on the phone as a virtual installation.
- Now, proceed to set up WhatsApp as described above.
That’s it, you can access WhatsApp and other apps through the Parallel Space app. The app is free, but supported by ads, although ads can be removed via in-app purchase subscription; it’s Rs. 30 rupees per month. 50 rupees for three months. 80 represents 6 rupees. 150 lifetime subscriptions. Similarly, it can also be used in applications such as Facebook.
Another method we found on many sites is to install an app called GBWhatsApp, but this involves installing the app via APK, but the risk involved is minimal. In addition, it is only useful for a single solution running dual WhatsApp, so we think using Parallel Space is a better choice.
Everything here is its. Now you can start using two WhatsApp accounts at the same time. If you want to read more guides, please check our how-to section for many tips and tricks.