Hut 8 Mining, a major North American Bitcoin mining company, has been approved to be listed on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol HUT. The company is also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX).
- Hut 8 Mining Corp. announced on Thursday that its common stock has been approved to be listed on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (Nasdaq) under the ticker symbol HUT. The Nasdaq website explains that the Global Select Market “has the highest initial listing standard of any exchange in the world”.
- Hut 8 Mining describes itself as “one of North America’s oldest and largest Bitcoin miners focused on innovation”. It is incorporated and governed by the British Columbia Business Companies Act. Most of the company’s directors and officers mainly live in Canada.
- The company is also listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol HUT. It is the first publicly traded Bitcoin miner on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Hut 8 said that its TSX listing will remain unchanged.
- Hut 8 Mining’s stock has been quoted on the OTCQX market under the symbol HUTMF. Hut 8 Mining ranked 11th (10,000th) in the 2021 OTCQX Best 50.
- After the company filed an F-10 form with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on March 10, it announced its plans to list on the Nasdaq on May 12.
- Hut 8 Mining is also a founding member of the Bitcoin Mining Council, which “is a voluntary and open forum for Bitcoin miners dedicated to the network and its core principles,” its website details. “We promote transparency, share best practices, and promote the benefits of Bitcoin and Bitcoin mining to the public.” The committee was established after Tesla CEO Elon Musk met with some major North American Bitcoin miners of. The meeting was chaired by Microstrategy CEO Michael Saylor.
What do you think of Hut 8 Mining’s stock listed on NASDAQ? Let us know in the comments section below.
Image Source: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wikimedia Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for reference only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. The company or the author shall not bear direct or indirect responsibility for any damage or loss caused or claimed to be caused by using or relying on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.