Less than a month has passed since the last date to link Aadhaar to the mobile phone number for re-verification, now is the time to link the two together, as the mobile service may be disconnected in April. If you also want to link Aadhaar to your mobile number for SIM re-verification, there is an easy way to do it without leaving your home or office. This new method of linking Aadhaar to a mobile phone number only requires the user to dial the center number and enter the OTP. This is a convenient way to link the two, eliminating the hassle of visiting offline stores and waiting in line. However, it is still not possible to link Aadhaar and mobile number online.
How to associate Aadhaar with a mobile number
If you want to re-verify the phone number by linking it to Aadhaar, the process is very simple. You only need to keep your Aadhaar number. Whether you are using Airtel, Idea, Jio and Vodafone or any other carrier, you only need to dial the toll-free number 14546 from your phone number. Please follow the IVR instructions to perform the following steps to complete the re-verification process.
- When dialing 14546, the system will ask you to select the corresponding option to choose whether you are an Indian national or an NRI
- Next, you must agree to press 1 to link Aadhaar and your phone number
- After that, you need to provide your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- This step will generate an OTP, which you will receive on your phone
- Now you need to enter your phone number
- Here, you are asked to agree that the operator selects your name, photo and date of birth from the UIDAI database
- Now, the IVR will mention the last four digits of your phone number to confirm that you entered the correct phone number
- If the number is correct, you can enter the OTP received in the SMS
- You must press 1 to complete the Aadhaar mobile number re-verification process
- If you have another phone number, you can also link to that phone number by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system. Take the other cell phone with you, as you will receive the OTP on this number.
The OTP you received for Aadhaar mobile phone re-verification is valid for 30 minutes, so you can use it even if there is a network failure and the call is terminated prematurely. Subscribers who meet the company’s plan do not need to go through the re-verification process. The customer service director told Advertisement Shout that since Jio uses the Aadhaar number to activate the SIM card, the subscriber does not need to re-verify on the network.
How to buy a SIM card in India
In late November, telecom operators were also instructed to establish a website so that users can link Aadhaar and mobile phone numbers online. However, no operator has created such a portal, and no central portal has been created.